A Traditional Lady’s Maid (A role that involves international travel)
We are looking for an experienced Traditional Lady’s Maid / Wardrobe Mistress who will have gained her experience in the following environments:
- As a Lady’s Maid working for Royal or reputed private households;
- The world of deluxe hospitality, design, couture or tailoring.
Working in an established team of household staff, it is important that candidates can work as part of a team and are able to show a proven ability not only in looking after and caring for beautiful items of clothing and accessories, but that they also exhibit a real passion combined with an understanding of all the other duties, including housekeeping and food and beverage service, required from a traditional Lady’s Maid.
Candidates will be relied on to be meticulous, and come with an acute and innate eye for detail and a can-do attitude.
The Lady’s Maid must be free to travel as the family have property in Scotland and England, and also in Europe, where they spend time in France and Switzerland, and occasionally further afield.
Note: It is important to state that The Lady’s Maid must be free to work over Christmas and New Year and other traditional holidays as required.
An overview of The Lady’s Maid Job Description:
- To manage the wardrobe in its entirety;
- To manage Packing and Unpacking, maintain inventories of items packed for every trip, while ensuring that everything is folded in a proper manner, pressed and steamed as required;
- The care and cleaning of the Main Bedroom Suite;
- Keeping in order the dressing table, including proper stock and supply of cosmetics and toiletries;
- Ensuring that the bed linen and towels are changed as required (to oversee laundering and pressing of the sheets and towels);
- To help with preparation and serving of breakfast trays and other refreshments as required;
- To prepare bedrooms in the evening, i.e. close curtains, turn down beds etc.;
- To travel (sometimes ahead), setting up The Principal’s wardrobes and bathrooms in the prescribed fashion;
- To take responsibility for the transport of The Principal’s items of value;
- To assist with shopping and returns;
- To assist with the private matters of The Principal while maintaining complete and total discretion;
- To ensure that everything is packed for the events that The Principal will attend.
Remuneration and benefits will be generous for the right candidate (£40k per annum (negotiable)
- 3-bedroom house is provided in a local village.
- Candidates must drive and have own car. Note: No vehicles are provided, although use of pool car is available for work use.
- A generous service allowance is provided to cover bills.
- Partners are permitted to live in the property.
- Have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom;
- Speak English fluently, while It would be advantageous if applicants spoke a second European language, such as French or perhaps some German;
- Be free to travel both nationally and Internationally;
- Hold a valid driving Licence and own a car;
- Present an advanced understanding of the rules of both Etiquette and Protocol;
- Present excellent, checkable, references;
- Undertake a DBS if they don’t already hold one.
40K per annum