House Manager/Personal Assistant Job Specification (Currently on hold)
The role would suit someone who is energetic, resourceful, proactive, who has a good analytical mind and who is great at problem solving. She/he will be pleasant, positive, polished, resilient and a self-starter, a born organiser with excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think on her/his feet and troubleshoot whilst staying calm and focused. She/he would always maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, exercise discretion and protect family privacy.
The ideal candidate would be good at anticipating issues and resourceful, with the attitude that nothing is impossible. And she/he would have a keen eye for detail and take a hands-on approach, ensuring that each task – from the most challenging to the most mundane – is handled efficiently and effectively.
Illustrative tasks the role would involve:
- Manage the seamless running of the household, including all staff duties and their hours
- Manage the admin for the household ensuring all is up to date and date compliant
- Ensure the property is secure when owners are away and when you leave
- Manage and provide personal support to the family to ensure smooth running of all family and household affairs to the highest quality
- Manage household credit card and cash account and ensure compliance with household budget
- Ensure the house is maintained to a high standard at all times and everything in working order
- Liaise direct with owners and their Personal Assistants to ensure the diary appointments are met
- Ensure that household expenditures are necessary and reasonable, representing value for money
- Organise and oversee occasional events, dinners and drinks parties, whether at the house or elsewhere
- Welcome guests to the houses, making sure they are comfortable and well looked after
- Book hotels / restaurant and transport for owners-upon request
- Run household errands as requested by owners
- Oversee household shopping and ensure cost effective shopping.
- Maintain a motivated and efficient team of household staff, and when applicable recruit new staff and train them in relation to their duties
- Ensure there is replacement cover during any times of illness and staff holiday
- Generally, working hours Monday-Friday 0930-1800 at the household in Knightsbridge. The household will be your normal place of work. However, you may be asked to accompany the owners on trips from time to time or to travel alone.
- Your hours of work will vary according to the weekly schedule, and you will be expected to work such hours as are reasonably required to perform your role and responsibilities. Hours will vary when owners are at the house.
- The owners travel often throughout the year, and during this time the House Manager will take their holiday up to a maximum allowance of 30 days per year
- Salary on offer will reflect candidate’s experience and expertise
£50 - 56k per annum