CHEF VACANCY – Chelsea – Profile/Overview
Our clients are looking for a happy, presentable, personable and talented chef who is able to cook lunch and dinner for them in their new home in Chelsea, situated a stones throw from Sloane Square.
The chef is required to devise menus, shop, prepare, cook and where necessary serve meals for the principals their children and occasional house and dinner guests. The chef will also be expected to prepare a simple hot lunch for the house-staff, who include a house-manager and housekeepers.
The couple have 3 young children [4 / 2 & 1] and entertain only occasionally, they enjoy a quiet, healthy lifestyle. The chef is expected to be able to prepare the following meals as and when required:
- Lunch (children 11:30/12:00 before nap / parents immediately after)
- Dinner (children 17:00/17:30 / Parents same time or immediately after)
- Snacks (the principal is often working from home, so there may be occasional requirements to serve items at business meetings etc
The family enjoy Homely, Modern British, French, Italian and Northern American dishes, and expect their chef to be able to provide nicely presented meals which are visually attractive, tasty, nutritious and well-balanced, conforming to any dietary restrictions which may be followed at any given time – for example low in butter and dairy.
The principals and their young family do travel internationally, so there may be occasional requirements for the chef to accompany them, but these occasions will be extremely rare/if ever, so there will be periods that provide ample time for the chef to catch up with any time owed.
The successful candidate may have worked in respected hotels or restaurants and may also have experience of working in private homes – candidates must be able to present excellent written references (which can be verbally verified) and will have to undertake a enhanced DBS.
- Days and Hours: Five days a week, to include occasional/some weekends with days off in week
- Location: Home in Chelsea / Nr Sloane Sq
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: Circa £45-£50K
Salary Circa £50,000
5+ years experience, language English
Role and Responsibilities:
The chef will be required to present menus for approval on a weekly basis, he or she will then need to organise: menu-planning, shopping & food preparation and cooking, while always ensuring that: ingredients are correctly stored, stock is properly monitored, wastage is kept to an absolute minimum, the kitchen is always maintained in a tidy and hygienically perfect state and all receipts are properly audited and passed to the house-manager in a correct and timely fashion. The chef will also be required to serve meals, and wash-up and put things away after service. Like all private households, it is expected that the chef will take pride in their kitchen and will personally ensure that the kitchen is left spotless and organised after every service.
Candidate must have:
- worked in a respected organisations and show they have the ability to work alone
- advanced knowledge of Food Hygiene and H&S regulation
- advanced knowledge of the rules of etiquette, protocol and good manners
- the ability to always remain professional in every circumstance
- the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- have a pro-active approach to work
- a Clean Police Record and be happy to undergo an enhanced DBS Check
- excellent checkable references
While it is important that Candidates present the right credentials, the client would also like to emphasise that they expect to find a chef who has:
- A real love and passion for cooking and their profession
- An understanding that work in a private home requires a proactive and forward-thinking approach
- A quietly friendly and flexible nature
The client also wishes to find a chef that shows longevity in their previous roles and a desire to seek a long-term working commitment to their new employer
- Applicants must already be living in, or a commutable distance to, central London
£45-£50k per annu