House Manager/Personal Assistant Job Specification
The role would suit someone who is energetic, resourceful, proactive, who has a good analytical mind and who is great at problem solving. She/he will be pleasant, positive, polished, resilient and a self-starter, a born organiser with excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think on her/his feet and troubleshoot whilst staying calm and focused. She/he would always maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, exercise discretion and protect family privacy.
The ideal candidate would be good at anticipating issues and resourceful, with the attitude that nothing is impossible. And she/he would have a keen eye for detail and take a hands-on approach, ensuring that each task – from the most challenging to the most mundane – is handled efficiently and effectively.
Illustrative tasks the role would involve:
- Manage the seamless running of the household, including all staff duties and their hours
- Manage the admin for the household ensuring all is up to date and date compliant
- Ensure the property is secure when owners are away and when you leave
- Manage and provide personal support to the family to ensure smooth running of all family and household affairs to the highest quality
- Manage household credit card and cash account and ensure compliance with household budget
- Ensure the house is maintained to a high standard at all times and everything in working order
- Liaise direct with owners and their Personal Assistants to ensure the diary appointments are met
- Ensure that household expenditures are necessary and reasonable, representing value for money
- Organise and oversee occasional events, dinners and drinks parties, whether at the house or elsewhere
- Welcome guests to the houses, making sure they are comfortable and well looked after
- Book hotels / restaurant and transport for owners-upon request
- Run household errands as requested by owners
- Oversee household shopping and ensure cost effective shopping.
- Maintain a motivated and efficient team of household staff, and when applicable recruit new staff and train them in relation to their duties
- Ensure there is replacement cover during any times of illness and staff holiday
- Generally, working hours Monday-Friday 0930-1800 at the household in Knightsbridge. The household will be your normal place of work. However, you may be asked to accompany the owners on trips from time to time or to travel alone.
- Your hours of work will vary according to the weekly schedule, and you will be expected to work such hours as are reasonably required to perform your role and responsibilities. Hours will vary when owners are at the house.
- The owners travel often throughout the year, and during this time the House Manager will take their holiday up to a maximum allowance of 30 days per year
- Salary on offer will reflect candidate’s experience and expertise
£50 - 56k per annum
A part time housekeeper is required for a couple based in Marleybone.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning, for four hours.
The flat is minimalistic, consists of two bedrooms and open plan kitchen, living space, the principals require someone with a meticulous eye for detail. All household duties, caring for the lady’s clothes so someone with good laundry skills.
To start asap.
£16 per hour
Based in Kensington working for a single mother, child is sixteen years old and currently at boarding school, but will be back in London after the current term ends and attending sixth form.
The house is a four storey town house based off Kensington High Street so close to local facilities.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 2pm – 6pm or 3pm to 7pm.
Carrying out all household duties, laundry, some shopping.
To start asap.
£15 per hour
A cook housekeeper is required for a family of four based in Kensington, the applicant must be child friendly as they may be asked to help out occasionally with the younger children. The applicant must be flexible.
This role is from Monday to Friday, start time 7.30, there are three children, twins of eight years old and a fourteen year old.
The day starts with the applicant preparing breakfast for the children, there is a nanny who takes them to school. The morning will then be general housekeeping, laundry, shopping. There will be a break in the afternoon.
Preparing food is important for the family as the mother is diabetic and has special dietary needs, the children have good healthy meals.
There is an extension starting soon, which will incorporate the applicants accommodation which will be a bedroom and ensuite. The current accommodation comprises of a bedroom and bathroom shared with the children.
To start asap.
£600 net per week
An opportunity has arisen for a residential housekeeper/cook to work for a couple based in Holland Park to start mid October.
The principals are looking for an excellent housekeeper with a proven track record and excellent references. They are based in Holland Park, the house is over three floors and comprises of three large bedrooms, three bathrooms. A kitchen and two studies, and a very large reception room which has a collection of art.
The applicant would be required to clean to a very high standard, carry out all laundry and be responsible for the principals wardrobes. Carry out the shopping, there are very good local shops, including a butchers, fish monger and excellent greengrocer.
They require a good cook who can offer a range of varied food. They do like to entertain for dinner parties of up to ten, outside help will be provided to help on these occasions.
The basic hours of from 8 a.m. to 6p.m. (Monday to Friday) if the candidate is required to cook in the evening, the hours will vary, at present the principals do dine out a lot during the week and tend to use their country residence for the weekends.
They do have an adorable dog, so would have to be a dog lover.
Accommodation comprises of a large studio, which includes a bathroom and small kitchen, however there is access to the main kitchen.
Would best suit a single person with no family ties (due to accommodation). Start mid October.
An opportunity has arisen for a housekeeper/cook to work for a single lady based in Knightsbridge London. The lady has recently re located so the apartment is newly renovated. (She has recently been widowed)
This a five and a half day week. Monday through to Saturday lunch time.
Start time around 8 a.m. to around 7.30 pm. Have time off in the afternoon.
General housekeeping duties, washing and ironing, vacumming, polishing etc., Managing the lady’s wardrobe. Cooking light meals, fish and vegetables etc., Large food orders are delivered by Ocado.
Must be child friendly as her grandchildren visit twice a week.
Previous Filipino housekeeper has been with her for twenty years and is leaving to retire.
Accommodation consists of own bedroom and bathroom.
Salary £500. net per week. To start 27th July.
£500 net per week